Beware of touts and job-racketeers claiming to provide jobs through influence or by use of unfair means. Candidates attempting unfair means shall be disqualified and legal action shall be initiated against them.
RRB calls applications from the eligible applicants through “ON LINE” for various Technical and non-technical categories as well as Para medical posts in Group 'C' cadre, as per indent(s) submitted by Chief Personnel Officer of Northeast Frontier Railway. Normally, the employment notification is published on the “Employment News” (A publication of Government of India) and also in RRB Siliguri’s website. “Indicative notice” is also given through leading National & Local News Papers for wide circulation. The applications (On-line), as received in response to such notification, are scrutinized for eligibility and the eligible candidates are called for Computer Based Test (CBT) with call letters being generated by the RRB and downloaded by the candidates minimum fifteen days in advance of the date of the CBT . The CBT are generally held in various Institutes (Computer Based) falling under Nation basis depending upon the number of candidates. If numbers of candidates are large, the candidates who qualify in the preliminary exam (CBT-1) are called for the main CBT-2, and the merit list is prepared based entirely upon the result of the CBT-2. In most categories of jobs, there is no interview. For a very few specific categories there is a viva (Interview) after the Main CBT, while for certain other categories there is a skill test like typing test or stenography test. For categories related to operational safety like Assistant Station Master, Motor Man, Traffic Assistant and Assistant Loco Pilot there will be an aptitude test.
The successful candidates of CBT-2 and Aptitude Test (if applicable) are verified and they are called for counselling and scrutiny of original documents and candidature also. A panel of names is then recommended to Zonal Railways to the extent of vacancies. The candidates will be required to pass the prescribed medical examination conducted by the Railways before appointment.
The results of selection at every stage will be made available.
- On the Notice Board of RRB
- Indicative notice given in various news papers, both local & national.
- Through the Internet website of this RRB.
The selection process is based on merit and is subject to the rules and regulations issued by the Government of India, Ministry of Railways (Railway Board), which includes reservation of jobs for certain castes/communities such as Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Other Backward Communities (OBC). Ex-servicemen and Persons with disability (PWD).
The entire recruitment system functions impersonally without fear or favour. There is no scope for corruption, influence or discretion in this process. Candidates indulging in malpractices and unfair means are dealt with strictly.
RRB recommends the name of the candidates and the appointments are made by respective Zonal Railways after following due procedure including medical examination prescribed for the respective category.
The overall policy guidelines for all Railway Recruitment Boards in India are laid down by Railway Recruitment Control Board, Ministry of Railways, Government of India, New Delhi.
- CEN NO. 01/2019– (For recruitment of various NTPC Graduate and under Graduate posts) NOTICE ON RESCHEDULING OF CANDIDATES IN ONE EXAM CENTRE AT RAJKOT
- CEN NO. 01/2019– (For recruitment of various NTPC Graduate and under Graduate posts) Click here for DOWNLOAD e-CALL LETTER (2nd PHASE) & EXAM DATE AND CITY INTIMATION SLIP / FREE TRAVEL AUTHORITY
- CEN 01/2019 – (FOR RECRUITMENT OF VARIOUS NTPC GRADUATE AND UNDER GRADUATE POSTS) NOTICE on 2nd PHASE of EXAM SCHEDULE FOR CBT-1
- CEN NO. 01/2019 – (For recruitment of various NTPC Graduate and under Graduate posts) Click here for DOWNLOAD e-CALL LETTER (1st PHASE) & EXAM DAY AND CITY INTIMATION SLIP/ FREE TRAVEL AUTHORITY.
- CEN NO. 01/2019 – (For recruitment of various NTPC Graduate and under Graduate posts) Click here for NOTICE ON EXAM SCHEDULE FOR CBT-1
- CEN NO. 01/2018 – (Recruitment for ALP & Technician categories) REPLACEMENT PANEL OF ASSISTANT LOCO PILOT
- If any candidate is approached by any one with Demands of Money of favours for securing Railway Jobs, She/He should lodge a complaint in nearest Police Station.
- Candidates can also call on the phone no. 0353 2663840 during office timing for guidance.